Cast Iron Competition
NOTE JANUARY 20, 2016 DEADLINE FOR HOTEL DISCOUNT:
January 20th is the last day to get the Cast Iron Cook Off $99 rate, the rate will increase significantly after the 20th.
Here is an event for those who appreciate good cooking and the fun of mixing-it-up in a friendly competition. The team chef creates an incredible menu and recipes and, with the sous chef, provides the culinary leadership and direction for the competition. The teams, each similarly composed of eight team members, two professionals and six lay folk, cook a three-course meal for the judges.
Team Weekend Schedule
Junior Cast Iron Cook-Off
1:00 – 3:30
Junior Cast Iron Cook-Off – Open to public. No tickets required
Cast Iron Cook-Off
7:00 – 7:30
Reception and Presentation of Official Team Aprons – For team members
7:30 – 9:00
Tastes from the Mountains Dine Around – Tickets required. One is provided for each team member additional tickets are on sale at www.castironcookoff.com
8:00 – 2:30 Team
Culinary Competitions – Open to the public. No tickets required.
Download Team Only Competition Schedule here
3:30 – 4:30
Award Ceremony – Open to team members from both Cast Iron and Jr Cast Iron and their guests
West Virginia Winter Food Festival
10:00 – 3:30
West Virginia Specialty Agricultural Products Vendors’ Booths
- WV Craft Beer Samplings
- WV Wine Samplings
- WV Wine Awards and Recognitions
- Craft Beer Competition
10:30 – 2:30
Cooking Demonstrations – Open to public. No tickets required.
Gourmet Small Plates – Open to public. Tickets required and on sale at www.castironcookoff.com
Cast Iron Cook-Off sponsors take pride that their contribution is used to:
- Showcase West Virginia as a culinary tourism destination
- Fund opportunities for high school students
- Support the Collaborative for the 21st Century Appalachia’s mission of promoting a healthier Appalachian lifestyle
Their team members receive
- An authentic Cast Iron Cook-Off chef’s apron.
- Two complimentary tickets for Friday night’s (February 5, 2016) reception where chef’s aprons are awarded
- One complimentary ticket for Friday night’s (February 5, 2016), Tastes from the Mountains Dine Around Buffet
- An individual team member’s guest can attend the Friday night Tastes from the Mountains for an additional fee of $60 Reservations required.
- Admission to the award ceremony on Saturday (February 6, 2016)
|Proud Sponsors of the 11th Cast Iron Cook Off®|